Fiscal & Contracts Administration Support – Half-Time
Job Code 71
Ross Strategic is looking for a talented individual to provide fiscal and contracts administrative support as part of our operations team. We are a Seattle-based consulting firm taking on some of the hardest environment, public health, transportation, energy and natural resource challenges. We are a small office: the successful applicant will have the ability to work well in a team, as well as take independent responsibility for tracking deadlines, anticipating and raising potential problems or risks in a timely way, and working well with a variety of administrative, project, and management staff and styles. Proficiency with excel and other common office tools is required; candidates with excellent technology skills, interest, and aptitude are preferred.
- Working closely with the firm’s fiscal team, assist with a variety of activities related to accounts receivable/accounts payable, payroll, timesheets, and financial reporting. Includes conducting detailed QA/QC on monthly and quarterly reports.
- Provide day-to-day contracts management for our government and NGO clients, including:
- Setting up contract budget tracking spreadsheets and templates
- Completing monthly data entry, reporting, and invoicing
- Monitoring compliance with contract terms and conditions
- Processing contract amendments and maintaining contract documents and files
- Processing contract close-outs
- Provide human resources support to the Chief Operating Officer, including:
- Processing and tracking benefits enrollment paperwork
- Preparing compliance reports
- Conducting data entry duties as assigned
- As part of the operations team, conduct general office and administrative duties, including data entry for a variety of firm management systems
- Associates degree or commensurate experience
- 2+ years of work experience in an office environment
- High attention to detail and organizational skills
- Significant experience with/advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency with office software, including MS Word, Access, Outlook, and SharePoint
- Familiarity with QuickBooks a plus, but not required
- Exposure to government contracting a plus, but not required
- Strong verbal communications skills and customer service orientation
- Ability to manage multiple time-sensitive deadlines
- Ability to work and learn independently and proactively, as well as part of a team
- Desire to continually seek to improve skills and systems whether through improved software skills or through organizational improvements
This is a half-time, salaried position with paid benefits. The salary range is $25K - $33K/year (for .5 FTE) depending on qualifications and experience. Comprehensive benefit package includes: fully funded employee health, dental, and life insurances; paid holidays, sick, and personal leave; 401(k); and public transit pass.
Submit a cover letter and resume addressing your job qualifications and interests to: personnel (at) rossstrategic.com with “Job Code 71” in the subject line. In the cover letter, please respond to the following:
- Excel experience: Please rate your abilities using Excel – with “0” being no experience and “5” being an expert. Additionally, please tell us how you have used Excel in a past project for school or work.
- Technology: Please describe your interest and aptitude for working with new technologies.
Electronic resumes only. Position open until filled. Ross Strategic is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Alfred P. Sloan Award
Ross Strategic was awarded the 2013 Alfred P. Sloan Award for Excellence in Workplace Effectiveness and Flexiblity.
The Alfred P. Sloan Award for Excellence in Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility distinguishes Ross Strategic as a leading employer of choice by demonstrating success in using workplace flexibility as part of an effective strategy to achieve business goals and benefit employees by helping them meet their responsibilities on and off the job.
The award, part of the When Work Works project administered by Families and Work Institute and the Society for Human Resource Management, recognizes employers of all sizes and types across the country. The rigorous selection process involved an evaluation of employer flexibility programs and practices and a confidential employee survey.